Providing quality services that make a real difference to people’s lives
Calico was founded in 1999 and our name derives from the fabric produced by the textile industry that was a definitive part of East Lancashire’s economic heritage. We came into being following the stock transfer of 5,000 homes from Burnley Borough Council. While housing provision remains a large part of our Group’s business we have greatly diversified our service offering. This has supported business growth, which in turns strengthens our capacity to invest in our services and in our people, and continue to improve how we can support our customers.
Our vision is that whoever you are and wherever you are at, we want to help you enjoy a better future. As a Group, we are strong and diverse. It is the passion, integrity and purpose of our people makes things happen.
We measure our success in social profit, rather than financial. By this we mean the positive difference we make to people’s lives, across all the communities in which we work. And we set out to achieve the following shared Group objectives:
- to work together to exceed our customers’ expectations and attract new customers;
- to innovate, grow and diversify by securing and delivering new business opportunities;
- to be a strong and well-governed business that is continually improving;
- to develop a values-led organisation where people are happy and can thrive;
- to influence our external environment where people are happy and can thrive.
Our headquarters are located in Centenary Court in Burnley, but our footprint has expanded across the north-west of England as we have expanded our service offering. The Group now employs more than 700 individuals across the business.
Living our values is central to how we work at Calico. They shape how we work with our customers and how we work with one another. We all commit to and care about:
- going one step further with our customers;
- improving and strengthening ourselves and our organisation;
- our wellbeing as individuals and teams.
The Group now employs more than 700 individuals across the business.